Another fantastic month for the campaign. After the incredible success of the working class scratch night, Actor Awareness has been asked to come back and do another! Now because the night was so positive, the next scratch night will take place in February, would you like to be involved? Im looking for 6 new 15 minute shows to put on in February at the Canal Theatre. There has been a huge out cry of various gender issues within our industry so I thought this theme would be perfect. So the next theme is “Womens night” the only 3 rules are…
- Just women writers and directors can take part
- Do not exceed 15 minutes
- Submissions have to be in by the 24th of January
Interpretation of the theme is down to you as long as you follow the 3 rules above. If you would like to be involved then please get in touch. To give you a better insight to our scratch nights below is the review of our last shows, check it out.
This month the Actor Awareness live ITV interview hit 13,000 views with myself and Andrew Ellis from This Is England, which is a huge step forward in spreading the word on the campaign. We also had the launch of the new website which looks incredible so thank you to Susan Omand.
This is the last Newsletter of 2015 so lets look back at what we have achieved this year. So what a fantastic 2015 Actor Awareness has had! I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all the Actor Awareness supporters. Here are just some of the Highlights!
● Started the Actor Awareness monthly meetings, where you come down meet me and the team and give feedback on ideas and find out how you can get involved! The next meeting is the 9th of January, 5-7 in Village Bar, Soho.
● The incredible £1000 Donation!
● The Actor Awareness live ITV interview with Andrew Ellis and me!
● The first Actor Awareness scratch night under the theme of working class stories!
● The monthly Actor Awareness Newsletter full of industry discounts, workshops and promotions. Which you can find here http://www.actorawareness.co.uk/p/httpsactorawareness.html
● Our writing workshop with BAFTA winning writer Jonathan Asset
● The Actor Awareness working class Documentary is now in full swing, already some incredible footage and interviews.
● The Actor Awareness campaign film The Industry was released, about the struggles of working class actors. Watch it here! http://www.actorawareness.co.uk/p/the-industry_16.html
- Finally of course the website and the logo being launched! http://www.actorawareness.co.uk
This year could not have been so successful without your incredible support! 2016 looks to be even more successful. Please come get involved with the campaign, such as the Scratch nights for actors, writers and directors, please attend the regular meetings we hold to get involved in future projects and workshops, finally please follow us on twitter and Facebook to keep up to date on all Actor Awareness news! 2016 WERE COMING FOR YOU!